THE PRIME MOVERS BLUES BAND – THE VIDEO

Articles on the Prime Movers, Ann Arbor, and the Scene
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

January 1, 2013
By Michael Erlewine (Michael@Erlewine.net)

Well I just had to do it, make a video of my old 1960s group, the Prime Movers Blues Band. Here is the rough cut for those of you who just have to know. It is chock full of pictures of me, Iggy Pop (our drummer), my brother Dan (lead guitar), Robert Sheff (aka “Blue Gene Tyranny on keyboards), and the rest of the band, with plenty of live recordings, including Iggy Pop singing “I’m a Man” with the Prime Movers at the old Schwaben Inn of Ann Arbor.

Might as well not apologize. What you get is the good, the bad, and the ugly, including me singing and playing amplified Chicago-style harmonica. This is the first of several video- podcasts I hope to make on the Prime Movers, and here is why.

I have waited some 50 years for someone to step forward and document the 1960s as I know them. It is hard to believe, but few have been able to. My guess is that they just are too caught up in life and lack the energy, so it might have to be me. At least I care a lot about those times. I know as a single person I can’t do much, but I don’t like the way the younger historians are painting the Sixties. How could they know? I would like somehow to communicate the actual flavor of those times back then and perhaps introduce folks to the many fine things that came out of that era that they might otherwise never find.

So, anyway, here’s my take on the Prime Movers Blues Band, my own group, as put together by me. I am learning how to do this video-podcast thing, but it does take time.

Of course I am interested in what my Facebook friends think of it, so if you have the time and the inclination, do me a favor, give it a listen, and let me know. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZO5bsag ... e=youtu.be

I like making these videos, but I am worn out. I did this whole thing in a day. Too much. This will be my post for Wednesday.

Return to “The Prime Movers Blues Band and the Scene”